The retiring rooms provided by IRCTC are suitable and comfortable options for passengers to relax before or after their train journey. Booking these rooms is quite simple, and you can do it through both online and offline methods.
Know This Before Booking
- Make sure you have a confirmed train ticket for your journey. During the booking process, you will need to enter your PNR number.
- Sleeping compartments can only be booked for the initial or final station of your train journey.
How to Book IRCTC Retiring Room Facilities
1. How to Book IRCTC Retiring Room Online
Step 1: To book IRCTC retiring room, visit the official website of Railways: https://rr.irctc.co.in/
Step 2: After that, log in to your IRCTC account. If you don’t have an account, you can easily create one on the website.
Step 3: Enter your PNR number and click on ‘Search’.
Step 4: Choose the station where you want to book the retiring room.
Step 5: Select check-in and check-out dates. Select the room type of your choice: single, double, or dormitory. Select an AC or non-AC room. Click on ‘Check Availability’.
Step 6: Select the room number and duration of the time slot.
Step 7: Please fill in your details and choose which ID card you will use for identification.
Make a payment. You can use your debit card, credit card, or internet banking.
Once the payment is verified, you will receive a confirmation email and SMS.
2. How to Book IRCTC Retiring Room Offline
- Visit the retiring room booking counter at the railway station.
- Provide your PNR number to the counter staff, mentioning the station where you want to book the room and specify the dates you intend to stay.
- The staff will check for availability and make the booking for you.
- You have to pay the fee in cash or debit/credit card.
- You will receive a confirmation receipt.
Here are Some Additional Things to Keep in Mind
- Make sure you have the correct and complete PNR number.
- Understand the type and facilities of the selected room accurately.
- The minimum booking duration is 3 hours.
- The maximum booking duration is 48 hours.
- Hourly booking options are available at some stations.
- The charges for retiring rooms vary based on room type, AC/non-AC, and station.
- You can cancel your booking online or at the retiring room booking counter.
Here are Some Additional Suggestions for Booking IRCTC Retiring Rooms
- Check online early in the morning or, if possible, in advance to confirm your booking.
- Take assistance from counter staff around the local station to check availability for booking.
- Carry correct identity proof at the time of booking, such as your Aadhar Card or PAN Card.
- Before selecting a room, make sure it will satisfy your needs, such as room type and amenities.
- Keep the booking receipt and confirmation message secure to confirm the availability of your room.
- Be sure to understand local rules and regulations before booking to avoid any application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are IRCTC retiring rooms?
Retiring Rooms are furnished rooms available for rent at railway sites in India. These are managed by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and provide comfortable and convenient accommodation before or after the journey.
Who can book the IRCTC retiring room?
To book IRCTC retiring rooms you must have a confirmed train ticket for the journey. You can book rooms only at the source and destination locations of your travel.
How can I book an IRCTC retiring room?
You can book retiring rooms online through the IRCTC website or application, or even offline at the retiring room booking counter at the railway station.
What is the minimum and maximum booking period?
The minimum booking period is 3 hours, while the maximum is 48 hours. Some stations offer hourly booking options.
What is the price of retiring rooms?
The types of charges, AC/non-AC, and availability depend on the station. You can check the retiring room details on the IRCTC website before booking.